when ur friends make inside jokes that ur not in on
Ok so when i went to this church retreat thing this guy was telling us a story about his friend who was sitting on a plane next to Eminem the rapper but she had no clue that it was him ok. So he like looked at her and was like ” you arent going to ask for an autograph or anything??” and she was like “what?” He was all like “im eminem!” and literally she had the most confused look her face bc she had no idea who he was and her response was, “and I’m skittles?”
I like to read books about outcasts because they make me feel less alone.
"if you don’t consider breasts sexual organs then why do you care if i grab them"
well EXCUSE ME BUT IF I JUST STRUTTED UP AND GRABBED YOUR EAR AND FELT IT UP LIKE MMMM YEAH BABY I BET YOU HEAR REAAAL GOOD WOULD YOU NOT BE UNCOMFORTABLE
glad to see y’all spreading the word
You did in fact do nothing wrong, really, everyone does something stupid sometimes and I’m sure they don’t blame you for doing that. But having experience with anxiety I know it doesn’t really work like that. But let me tell you this: I know you feel really emberassed and anxious but the only way to let go of that is by forgiving yourself for making this mistake, because everyone else has already done it. I’m sorry for replying so late but I’m really having a hard time finding words right now because anxiety is something you have to fight yourself, ofcourse you can ask help from others but in the end it’s all up to you.
Imagining how I would react to a situation helped me a lot, for example: do you remember that one person that did something that annoyed you slightly last week? No, you probably don’t and that’s because you had a lot of other way more important things to think about and you already forgave that person. It might seem a very bad example to use to compare your problem to but in fact it’s this simple. It also works a lot to look up how anxiety works, it makes you obsess over things that in the end do not really matter that much at all, try to understand why you still feel so bad about this and imagine being the person who was with you. Would you be mad? Would you spend half a year remembering this event even though a lot of other things happen to you? I’m sure I wouldn’t…
Okay but enough about this, I’m pretty sure this has crossed your mind a thousand times already but I just want to give you some tips (that help for me) next time you feel anxious:
- try to imagine being the other person but block all your anxious thoughts because if you do that it’ll only make it worse.
- try to think about the process of anxiety in general and how it is affect you right now and try to understand it
- tell people you trust about it so they will understand better and support you( It’s hard but it helps)
- always have a list of music with you that makes you calm or confident or something that gives you the option to get into your own world for maby even a second to calm down and think about things.
- Do not let the anxiety stop you from doing the things you love and praise yourself when doing something you feel anxious about.
- always try to stay optimistic even though you do not believe yourself.
This is a link to a masterpost that has a bunch of stuff about what anxiety is, how it works and what helps against it: http://disintegratedsanity.tumblr.com/post/38585587521/panic-and-anxiety-information-and-resources-master-post
I hope this’ll help a bit - Kaylee